1.0.1.

>> Saturday, November 20, 2010

Asalamu aliakuam wa rahmatullah wa barkatoo, my darlings!

How are you all? We hope you have had a super duper wonderful (and delicious Eid). Things have been a little quiet here lately (well duh, with our internet still a bit cukooO), but we thought we'd turn over the blog to our readers....

Tell us! TEENS!

 What advice do you have for other Muslimah teens? How can they  stick to the deen? (HEY, that rhymes...well sorta!)

What quote really inspires you to be a better Muslim?

How did you decide to wear hijab?

Are you close with your parents? Your family?

Have you shared any stories/ experiences on your blog that you think others should read? Now's your chance to link it in the comments here :) Yuppers, shamelessly advertise your own blog. ( Seriously, people, I wanna read your blogs too and get to know you better :D)

What else? Well...What's keeping you from being a better Muslim? What is it that you're struggling with? Write it as anonymous and we can all work on it together.





This is the 1.0.1. Guide to being a Muslimah Teen written by YOU for YOU. 

Let's do this=)

Lots of love,
all the little aunties

11 wonderful sprinkely thoughts:

Rukhpar Mor November 20, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Aww, I'm not a teen anymore....I miss those days=(

Blue Pearl November 20, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

Salaam alaikum dear little auntie/s.

How was your Eid?

Little Auntie,  November 21, 2010 at 1:07 AM  

Hey Rukhpar Mor, let me rephrase that- teens and ex-teens share your advice! How did you get through the teenage years (and still miss them? LOL).

Blue pearl, awwww, you’re such a sweetie! Alhamdillah our Eid was great. My big sister had a baby, alhamdillah, ma’shaAllah =) Yup, just in time for the Eidiya :P How was yours? :)

Ghadeer November 21, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

Honestly, I think we cannot stress enough on maintaining hijab through modest behaviour with the opposite sex- especially for girls who are usually naive and assume they are just being "friendly". I would tell them to always be on the safe side and avoid any interaction that is unnecessary before they regret anything later on.

athoofa November 21, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

Assalamualaikum little aunties!!

We missed you guys! Hope the net problem gets sorted out soon.

Okay I'm an ex-teen *makes me squirm to say that* hahaha!! Not too far ahead that age though :P

A few things I feel that always helped me keep on track was good company! I can't stress enough on that. Even if its just one friend who has some religious principals like you. It really helps a lot. I didn't always find that at school, so I had to look for people outside...

Also, at a very critical age I found a lot of help in Islamic forums! It was great to know that there were Muslims/Muslimahs out there to whom deen really matters. I didn't feel all that strange anymore. And instead of reading other things online, I was actually getting addicted to Islamic forums. Yes, I could say it sometimes was a waste of time but looking back at those years it did me a great lot of good! Alhamdulillah...

Another advice would be to watch little videos online. I feel this really, really helpful. It motivates and inspires you in many ways. There's a site I recently discovered and looovee!

www.thedeenshow.com

One last point, one last hadith which always motivates me:

The Messenger of Allah (sallalahu alaihi wasallam) said:

“Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

It was asked, “Who are those strangers, O Messenger of Allah?” He replied, “Those that correct the Sunnah when the people become corrupt.”

I find that really true especially for Muslim youth today who struggle to cope when they try being "religious and wierd" The following video sums it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwvjm7T3MoA

Sorry, that was long. May Allah make it easy on all of us and keep us steadfast on His Path!!!

JazakumAllahu kheiran for this idea little aunties! You guys should give us input too :)

Uni November 21, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

Assalamualaikum!

Just dropped by :), and loved it. Er, not a teen anymore, but still struggling :(. With what?

Uh, basically not having ANY good company (and thus, being a complete loner), and umm, since I AM a loner, wasting time on idiotic stuff I shouldn't waste time on. And I wear hijab and all too.

What a hypocrite :(

Mariyam A November 21, 2010 at 2:20 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shireen Baig November 21, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

I'm an ex teenager too sighh well 20 isn't such a bad number i say!

I've a blog which i use very rarely and thats only to vent out things so thats probably not gonna be of much help here.

and teenage problems, i've got loads experience in that and still have 'em

even recently i messed up big time and i was talking to this sister about my issues and she told me the incident where she came across a hadith after she had a fight with her mum and she thought it was a sign from Allah swt.

And i was pondering on that... so well there i was on my flight back to the country where i work and i was listening to the quran chanel when sudais recited this verse

'O My slaves who have wronged their souls, do not despair of Allah's mercy, for Allah will forgive all the sins. He is indeed very Forgiving, very Compassionate, Turn to Him then, and obey Him (in all your affairs).'" (Al-Zumar:53,54).

Then i understood what signs are (remember, me messing up big time?) so yeah! Allah swt is always there to help i believe, but when i look back at my life as a teenager i never really tried to reach out to him so seek His help.

What i am trying to say here is i guess.. that no matter what tough times you go through in this life as a teenager or even as a young person who is surrounded by peer pressure and bad company or not-so-religious family or a bad society , the main thing for you is not to lose hope.

And well, i know from my personal experience that sometimes you can have thoughts like ''i know Allah is merciful, but I have done so BAD'' and it is sometimes difficult to keep that hope alive but it is the truth. The truth is always clear.. we just need to accept it.

athoofa November 22, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

^ Really beautiful advice mashaAllah!

Anonymous,  November 22, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

Asalaamu Alaykum.

I am a teen .. i don't have a blog for people to read but i do have some advice to other sisters, teens or ex-teens.
I think we should all, including myself, stop caring so much about what others think, or what is acceptable in society. I mean, thats one of the main reasons teens do what they do. To be accepted. Maybe it's not wearing hijab, because no one else does, or maybe putting off salat until later, cause everyone else is doing that. We shouldn't care so much about what is thought of us, and we should care more about what Allah swt thinks.
Also, i think it's REALLY hard to find good company, like what the other sisters who've commented have said. I'm also a LONER, but a happy loner! That's why i read blogs like this. It lets me know that i am not alone and that there are others out there with the same problems i have.
Now i have a question. lol sorry this is so long.
What's the best way to give advice? People now usually end up hating you if you tell them to not listen to music, or if you tell them to dress modestly, or if you tell them to stop plucking eyebrows etc. How can a approach such topics without making people hate me for telling them the truth?? Is that even possible. Or should i just tell them and have them hate me?

I hope everyone had a great eid!
Salaams.

Anonymous,  November 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

One verse that really struck me and helped me be a better person is this:

After them succeeded an (evil) generation: They inherited the Book, but they chose (for themselves) the vanities of this world, saying (for excuse): "(Everything) will be forgiven us." (Even so), if similar vanities came their way, they would (again) seize them. Was not the covenant of the Book taken from them, that they would not ascribe to Allah anything but the truth? and they study what is in the Book. But best for the righteous is the home in the Hereafter. Will ye not understand? (7:169)

Post a Comment

Asalamu aialkum!
Well, what do you think? You know, you're part of the team, as well. Please help a sister out and share your own advice/experiences/etc. One for all and all for one =)
P.S. I reserve the right to remove any disrespectful comment ;)

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP