There's Good and Bad News

>> Tuesday, June 10, 2014


Asalamu aliakaum wa rahmatullah wa barkatoo,

I'll start with the bad news.

The bad news is that I will miss you. I will miss the feeling of sisters coming together and responding to each other. I will miss reading your personal experiences that you would write in the comments. I will miss meeting new sisters here.
I will miss opening up my email and seeing a letter that I know Allah MADE me see because I also needed a reminder...because I also needed to think about something, to reconsider my own actions.
I will miss the trust you put in me to help you.
I will miss the love. 

It's funny how time flies. Four years ago, I decided to start Dear Little Auntie...I had no idea what t it would come to mean to me or how difficult this post would be to write. I remember registering the blog name, sitting down and playing with the banner, writing the first post, and waiting for questions..and wondering "Will this really work?"



And it did.

Alhamdillah! Praise be to Allah. And alhamdullilah for amazing readers and courageous questioners. Alhamdillah for a good crew and a wonderful team.

Yes...I will miss it all.

I will miss all of that because it is time for me to close Dear Little Auntie.

And here comes the good news...
because I have become a "Little Mommy".

As a 'little mommy',  I am still struggling to put things together. My number one priority right now is bonding and helping my baby and that means I'm just not being able to manage this blog. And I realize that this is unfair to those who send in questions. You deserve an answer or at least a response..and since I no longer can manage to do that, then, it's time to say....

May Allah bless you.
May Allah guide you.

For those who are thinking of sacrificing something for His sake, May He bless you with something better. Make each day easier for you than the last.

For those whose hearts are hurting, May He heal your hearts and bless you with His Love.

To all...

May we meet in paradise.

Love,


-----------------------

One Chinese Muslim writes:

So sad to  see the Dear Little Auntie blog go :( but Insha'Allah your duty ad a mother is very important as we need more Muslim children with proper upbringing! , may Allah grant u success and bless u with many righteous children! If anybody ever needs to contact me for advice or anything else ( even just to chat!) u can email me at onechinesemuslimah@gmail.com (sisters only of course!) may Allah help us all be better weaker slaves . Ameen

10 wonderful sprinkely thoughts:

Fida Islaih June 10, 2014 at 7:08 AM  

Congrats on being a mommy. This blog helped me more than anything. I will miss it and I'm sure other sisters will too. Thank you so much! iA everything goes well for you :D

Anonymous,  June 10, 2014 at 1:42 PM  

This is a great blog and perhaps you will revisit the concept later on from your new perspective as a mother :) but yes, those early years can be soooo busy! Mommyhood is wonderful though and well deserving of your attention! Keep in touch insha'allah! :) I'm always available for advice too at qatheworld.wordpress.com

Anonymous,  June 10, 2014 at 11:29 PM  

i found your blog only two months ago, and i already read many of them. i love you guys. your articles are great reminder for me, alhamdulillah.

congratulations to you, may Allah gather us, the writers and the readers, along with our babies in Jannah. aamiin :')

-a javanese muslimah-

Anonymous,  June 11, 2014 at 8:19 AM  

this is so sad.... but I know that a girls got to do what a girls got to do! I can see already what a wonderful mommy u would become, In Sha ALLAH. may Allah bless you, and your whole family and also the other crews. thank you you've been such a great help littleAuntie, we love you for the sake of Allah, we'll surely miss you! :)

Aziza June 11, 2014 at 1:46 PM  

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

I have been a follower of this blog for a few years now and I have enjoyed reading the advice, getting advice myself, and interacting with my beloved sisters. Through this blog I met my Little Auntie as well as many other sisters through the Sisters Majlis forum which she mentioned in one of her posts. I've made great friends and been made to feel so welcome with them, Alhamdullilah. May Allah reward you Little Auntie, One Chinese Muslimah, and the whole Dear Little Auntie team for all of your care and love for your sisters, as well as all of the sisters who commented, asked questions, and gave their advice as well. Love you all for Allah's sake. <3

P.S. CONGRATS ON THE BABY!!! (:

Anonymous,  June 14, 2014 at 3:16 AM  

I've also been a follower of this blog and maa shaa ALLAH it mysteriously hurts me now that this is closing. May ALLAH grant you success Ukht and all the team . Ameen
BarakALLAHu Fiykunna

-Filipino Muslimah :)

Little Auntie June 14, 2014 at 4:38 AM  

wa'alykum as salam wa rahmatullah wa barkatoo,
fifa! Jazakillah khair! You have been with us from the start, and I'm very glad to have been able to "meet you". May Allah bless you in this life and the next :)
QAtheworld, jazakillah khair <3 I really appreciate the comments you wrote on this blog and inshaAllah sisters will be able to visit yours, as well, for advice :D
Javanese Muslimsh- I'm glad you found us! Hehe! Ameen :D
anonymous: May He for whose sake you love me for, love YOU. Thank you so much for the sweet words!
Aziza- I'm really glad that DLA gave me the opportunity to meet you and alhamdullilah we can keep in touch in the Sisters Majlis :)
filipino Muslimah- your comment really touched me! May Allah grant you success, too :)

Jazakum Allah koli khair!!

Pearls of Life June 16, 2014 at 11:09 AM  

Salam Dear little auntie, Congrats on the baby. May Allah(s.w.t) bless you in this new transition of life. Ameen. I am really going to miss you and the whole team. May Allah(s.w.t) reward all of you for your kind support. Ameen. How do I get to the sisters Majlis? I wanted to keep in touch. I am really going to miss you:(

Anonymous,  June 18, 2014 at 11:50 PM  

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatulahe wa barakatuhu!
Barakallaho feek! May Allah bless you and your family forever <3
And I'm crying. Allah Ta'ala helped me so much through this blog. Jazakumallaho khairan.
Love you for the sake of Allah <3

Anonymous,  June 26, 2014 at 11:49 AM  

Salaam Alikum,
Congrats on becoming a mom! Inshallah, Allah s.w.t. will make everything easy for you.
I found out about this blog sometime ago, and it has actually changed my life since then-I can't even express how grateful I am for it. While I'm sad that it's come to an end, I feel so much gratitude for the help you have given me and many other sisters around the world. It just means so much to have someone take time out of their life to not only read your question, but then try to come up with a way to help. The knowledge that there are other sisters out there who look out for each other and pray for the well being of one another is perhaps one of the most heartwarming things I think I will ever experience. Even though I have never met anyone on this blog in person, I feel as though by participating, I was able to talk to so many different people, many of which are struggling with the same issues I am. Hopefully we meet sometime in this life, and if not then, in Jannah, inshallah. Islamic sisterhood really is beautiful. <333
May Allah s.w.t. reward you for everything you have done.

Post a Comment

Asalamu aialkum!
Well, what do you think? You know, you're part of the team, as well. Please help a sister out and share your own advice/experiences/etc. One for all and all for one =)
P.S. I reserve the right to remove any disrespectful comment ;)

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP