Who is My Lord?

>> Thursday, August 18, 2011

Asalamu aliakum wa rahmatullah wa barkatoo!

I read this poem by Shireen (over here) and had to share!

Who is My Lord?


Everything in my life is a blessing from my creator,
The one who creates life, The dominant - all maker
HE knows about everything in the heavens and the earth
From his Greatest creations to the small particles in the dirt

He blesses me with things that I need,
Even the ones about which I never speak
Its only His fear that causes me to weep
HE keeps forgiving me because I am weak

HE honors whom he wants and so does he humiliate
HE is the one who is ever willing to appreciate
Even the smallest of deeds that I do for His sake
I just need to turn back to him, no matter how grave the mistake.

He is the Lord of the Kingom, Majesty & Generosity
His help is all I need in the times of Adversity..
Nothing in this world matters, Except His Approval,
HE is my Lord, The Ever Living, The Eternal.

The One who answers me and chooses to look beyond my disobedience,
HE deals with me in a gentle manner with abundant amounts of patience
He is Especially Mericful, Yet He is The Most Just
He resurrects us all after we have turned into Dust

Perfection is His attribute and So is Self Sufficiency
He is aware of the struggles that go on within Me
On that day He will bless his slaves with his Mercy
When all his slaves will just say ''Nafsy, Nafsy''

Even if the entire world asks of Him everything they ever wished for
From wealth to health, to women, to children, to heavens and much more
It does not even effect the treasures of My Lord, not in the least bit
It will take fom His treasures as much as a needle takes after an ocean's dip

He is The Guide, He is The Light, He is The One, He is The Last
He knows about each one of us, Our present, Future and even Past
He rewards His Slaves with all that No ear has heard or no eye has seen,
He knows about What Is, What Has, What Will or What could have been

I get tired of worshipping Him but He never gets tired of rewarding me,
I am His slave and nothing is more beloved to me than this slavery...

____

(Go here to read Part 2 of the poem.)

I also encourage you to explore her blog and read her notes on the Names of Allah. Very enlightening and refreshing, ma'sahAllah.

Also, there are some surprises coming up here on this blog. I apologize to all the sisters who sent us e-mail from JULY . Trust me when I say that we didn't really 'get a summer vacation' at all and things have been super hectic. We're trying to fix that :)

10 wonderful sprinkely thoughts:

Asma Khan August 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

Jaza-kl-Allah Dear, nice sharing....
Visit my blog--> Stay Blessed

Fida Islaih August 18, 2011 at 4:12 PM  

I already commented at Shireen's but I got to say... this is an extra special gift to us. Thanks you, sisters!

And I can't wait,
Fida (:

MoOn August 19, 2011 at 3:59 AM  

Ramadhanek kareem sis :)

Afsah Farooq August 22, 2011 at 7:24 PM  

jakaiAllah beautiful poem

but where's the link to her blog pls

Anonymous,  August 26, 2011 at 2:14 AM  

Saalam!!! you girls MashAllah r waaaaaaayyyy toooo cute!!!!

how do we send u questions??

i couldn't find a place to post!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

jak

Little Auntie August 26, 2011 at 3:54 AM  

Afsah, the link was where I wrote "over here", hehe: http://theonewhoneedsreminders.blogspot.com/2011/08/who-is-my-lord.html

Anon, I took off the contact page because we're a little swamped right now...we still have questions from July that haven't been answered ;)

I hope that soon I'll be able to put it back up and things will get moving again! :)

Aziza August 28, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

What a beautiful poem by sister Shireen! Love part 2 as well. :) Thanks for posting.
I miss you lots dear sisters. Hope you become "unswamped" soon! :)

Anonymous,  August 28, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

Hehe i dunno where else to say this, so i'll say this here:

i miss you dear lil aunties!! Please come back soon!

RealLittleSister August 30, 2011 at 12:47 AM  

Salam sisters. I am absolutely in love with your blog^_^. You've inspired me to start one of my own though I haven't started posting anything yet :). Lovely poem....really makes you reflect.
Eid mubarak!!!!_^. You've inspired me to start one of my own though I haven't started posting anything yet :). Lovely poem....really makes you reflect.
Eid mubarak!!!!

Shireen Baig September 2, 2011 at 12:23 PM  

jazakillah khyr to the aunties and the sisters :)

Post a Comment

Asalamu aialkum!
Well, what do you think? You know, you're part of the team, as well. Please help a sister out and share your own advice/experiences/etc. One for all and all for one =)
P.S. I reserve the right to remove any disrespectful comment ;)

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP