>> Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Sisters! How is everyone? How was your Ramadan? Did you do anything special for Eid? Did you eat lots of yummy stuff, hehe? Taqabal Allah mina wa minkum! May Allah accept our righteous deeds in the month of Ramadan. Jazak Allah to the sweet sisters who told us they missed us! awww! Just made my heart melt :)
So...what's going on here?
Well, one thing that tends to happen after Ramadan is we put our Qura'ns away- and soon enough, they start collecting dust all over again. We don't want that to happen, so....
we're hosting our very first competition, right here!
The competition: Answer 25 out of 30 questions right. The first person to answer (at least) 25 questions right, WINS!
The prize: I wanted to get us a sponsor but didn't end up finding the time to do that (sowwy), but I think the real prize is keeping our commitment with the Qur'an and striving to be one of those 'people of the Qur'an' known as the special people of Allah :)
Some of the questions are 'oh-so-easy' and some are 'a little challenging'...We have to take into account the different levels we have here at Dear Little Auntie :) We've got sisters who've just discovered Islam again and maybe just started reading the Qur'an...and we have some people who've been taking Islamic classes for years, ma'shallah :D :D
Now...We would prefer if you guys tried to find the answers by opening the Qur'an yourself, rather than using 'Mr.Google' or even a 'Quran Search'....But if you need to, sure, you can use them. You can have a partner or two! You can get your family involved, even :D
So....are you ready? (Just remember to write the surah and verse number and to type up/copy paste the verse, itself).
List an ayah (write the verse and surah number) for each number written below.
For example: 12
Eg. You have a number of possibilities. You could write:
And [recall] when Moses prayed for water for his people, so We said, "Strike with your staff the stone." And there gushed forth from it twelve springs, and every people knew its watering place. "Eat and drink from the provision of Allah, and do not commit abuse on the earth, spreading corruption." (2: 60)
c. 300 (or you could think of it as 309)
Part II Give an example (list verse and surah number and paste the actual verse):
a. ab animal talking to a human
b. a daughter talking to her father
c. a son (prophet) talking to his father (non-believer)
d. a son (non-believer) talking to his father (prophet)
e. a mother talking to Allah
(Together, those are the first 11 questions).
12. There is only one companion whose name is mentioned in the Qur'an. Who is he? Surah and Verse number please...
13. The Qur'an tells us to take two women as role models. Who are they? (Surah and verse number)
14. Name an ayah in the Qur'an that is made up only one word and is not an 'oath'?
15. Name 4 surahs whose names are names of the Day of Judgment.
16. What are 5 characteristics of the servants of the Compassionate (Ar-Rahman)? (Surah and verse number)
17. Who does Allah declare war on in the Qur'an?
18. Which sura begins with a woman complaining about her husband?
19. The Qur'an mentions a man whose keys required a group of strong men to carry them. Who is he?
20. What will testify against us on the Day of Judgment that didn't use to talk in this world...(There are a number of verses you can put).
21. There was one city that transgressed against Allah so He punished them by making the 'highest part of the city, the lowest" and raining upon them marked stones...What city is this?
22. What is the first and last call that Allah gives to people in the Qur'an? In other words, the first and last time "O, mankind/people" appear in the Qur'an...[ So, here you are listing two separate verses.]
23. The Qur'an gives an example of people who take others/allies other than Allah as a certain creature and its home... Surah and verse number, please :)
24. In one verse in the Qur'an, there are two things mentioned that NONE of us know and can know. What are they? What verse is it?
25. Which surah has the word Allah in every single ayah at least once?
26. What was the last verse to be revealed? (There are '2' different ones that scholars have a difference of opinion on..)
27. What is the longest verse in the Qur'an?
28. The Qur'an tells us what the hell fire will say on the Day of Judgment. What will it say?
29. Where does the word Allah follow Allah immediately in the Qura'n? (In other words, the word Allah appears twice in one aya right after each other).
30. Find a verse with at least 6 of Allah's Names written.
Ready? Steady? GO!
DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS IN THE COMMENT SECTION. Any comment with any answer will be deleted. Just write in the comments if you're working on it/ will try to take up the challenge/ need clarification for any question.
Turn in your answers by e-mail or through the new and special contact form ONLY for this QUIZ below:
The race is on :)
وَفِي ذَٰلِكَ فَلْيَتَنَافَسِ الْمُتَنَافِسُونَ