A Sisterly Qur'an Club?

>> Sunday, January 9, 2011


Do you know of a place online where Muslimas gather weekly to discuss/ study qur'an? Or...maybe you ladies could start a separate blog to do so??? It'd certainly help me, and I'm sure it'd help others too...just a question though.

Irendi

Dearest  Irendi,


You should have the smile on my face when I saw a question from you, little Irendi (yes, as you can see, I like calling everyone little - * talk about inferiority complex issues). Anyways, what a wonderful question. You’ll be happy to know that I avoided doing  teacher file work and preparing for my teaching lesson    jumped at the opportunity to answer this question <3.

You know why? Because I really really really love the idea! So I went around looking to see if it had been done, already. I knew there were institutions that taught tafsir online (for example, Al Huda Institute) but a ‘sisterly group’ kinda thing, a bloggy kinda thing……I wasn’t really aware of any, so I did a little google searching..

After an hour’s search, this is what I came up with:

Studying the Quran at Noor for sisters
Sister Sarah Tajjamul, Sarah Alauddin, Sister Shahida and Sister Asma have taken it upon themselves to begin a wonderful class (beginning October 5 2010) for sisters every Tuesday at NICC in the basement from 11am-1pm. We will go through the Quran ayah by ayah not only learning the tafseer, but also spending time on word to word translation, analyzing each word linguistically, grammatically and contextually. The object of this class will be Insha'Allah to read the Qur'an in Arabic, understand it, memorize it and implement it. Please join us every Tuesday for this amazing opportunity and embark on a new chapter in your life Insh'allah.


Yeah, so my first thought was ‘-_-‘ the basement?’ And what exactly is @ NoOr?…then I looked at the URL and realized it was the name of the forum, LOL. But hey, sounds awesome, right? May Allah reward these sisters….
http://noorohio.org/forums/showthread.php?78-Studying-the-Quran-at-Noor-for-sisters


The rest of these finds are primarily ‘tajweed’ teaching sites and learning how to read the Qur’an… I know you were talking about sisters coming together and reading the Qur’an, though, but just in case anyone else wants/is looking for something like these (since I already searched a bit)


^This one on top is for those who don’t want something online, but offline….

NOW, if any sisters gets inspired when she sees this ‘post’ and decides to create such a blog- reading the Qur’an bookclub blog kinda thing’-please do tell us so that we can also join in. OR, if you already know such a blog exists, let us know…

Once again,  Irendi, thanks for such a wonderful question =)

1 wonderful sprinkely thoughts:

Irie January 10, 2011 at 3:43 PM  

:) Thanks for answering so quickly!!! Insha'Allah. I'm going to start going through the links tonight!!!

Post a Comment

Asalamu aialkum!
Well, what do you think? You know, you're part of the team, as well. Please help a sister out and share your own advice/experiences/etc. One for all and all for one =)
P.S. I reserve the right to remove any disrespectful comment ;)

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP