So, you want to be an auntie

>> Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Asalamu aliakaum!


Ma'shaAllah and alhamdillah, in the last few weeks, I've gotten a number of offers from sisters who would like to join as aunties. It's so beautiful to me how much sisters want to help each other.


While currently we have things under control with the  6 questions rule, I do appreciate every offer to help. And well, I thought I would put up this general note for anyone who has thought about asking to join but felt shy/ didn't know how to do so/ wondered if there really was space for them.


I look at the comments. I read them all....I scrutinize them. I am always on the look out for a new auntie BASED on the comments you write to the questions we put up. So if you want to be an auntie, 
a) it would be best if you commented consistently with your own helpful advice 
b) you write with a name I can recognize


You can even shoot me an e-mail with 'a post' you have written with good advice =D
And who knows......you may become part of the crew, soon <3 (Although you all are already part of the team :D)


 Jazakun Allah koli khair!





9 wonderful sprinkely thoughts:

Um Zakarya November 9, 2011 at 1:11 AM  

Assalamu Aleykum,

Alhamdulillah so many sisters are willing to help other sisters.MashALLAH that's a heart warming news.
May ALLAH SWT reward you for your efforts in helping other fellow sisters all over the world.Ameen!

Lot of love

Traveling Muslimah/Miss.O November 9, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

AsSalaamualaikum!

I think we all realize what a great job all the aunties to do answering all the questions. MashaAllah!
And may Allah(swt) bless everyone who comments also cause the fact that it has a impact on the sisters/brothers who visit the site shows the sincerity that the emails have been answered with, and commented on.Practicing what you preach is the most is the most difficult job.

Usamah bin Zaid (May Allah bepleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,

“A man will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and will be cast into Hell, and his intestines will pour forth and he will go round them as a donkey goes round a millstone. The inmates of Hell will gather round him and say: ‘What has happened to you, O so-and-so? Were you not enjoining us to do good and forbidding us to do evil?’ He will reply: ‘I was enjoining you to do good, but was not doing it myself; and I was forbidding you to do evil, but was doing it myself”.

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

BUT we should also remember our deeds are rewarded according to our intentions, and we should intend to help out our sisters and inshaAllah hope to be practicing in that matter too. :)

The Prophet Muhamamd (pbuh) said: “The reward of deeds depend upon the intentions, and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended.” - 'Umar bin Al-Khattab, Vol. 8, Book 78, Number 680

Take Care everyone! <3

Little Auntie November 9, 2011 at 10:57 PM  

So true, Miss O! An excellent reminder. I personally do feel sometimes like I should just throw the whole thing out because I've got my own faults to deal with and I worry about sincerity.....it is definitely a big thing to worry about =)

awwww, jazakillah khair UmmZakarya <3

PotentialHijabi November 10, 2011 at 3:50 AM  

Walaikum Assalam,

Whenever I visit your blog i think of this hadith..

"Whoever removes a worldly grief from a believer, Allah will remove from him one of the griefs of the Day of Judgment" [Saheeh Muslim]

It's like a bonus for helping our sisters out there isnt it? :)

Little Auntie November 10, 2011 at 6:07 AM  

Potential Hijabi! SubhanAllah that you put up that hadith. I had that hadith up for a very long time on this blog <3 It is one of the biggest motivators behind this blog.

HannaU November 12, 2011 at 1:04 AM  

Who doesn't want to be one of you aunties? You guys are just H-E-L-P for us girls.

Anonymous,  November 12, 2011 at 6:37 AM  

"you may become part of the crew, soon <3 (Although you all are already part of the team :D)"

I just have to complement you guys! You are wonderful.

You always have a positive outlook on things that isn't bogus. Whenever you start answering a question, you start of by saying how someone recognizes their there is a problem and ho that in itself is a great act. This happens in Fatwa's too but sometimes in Fatwa's or when Ulema answer questions (at least online), it sounds sort of formulaic. With you guys, I never got that impression but rather everything you say is replete with sincerity.

I just love the way the aunties on this blog write things and not to mention the content is solid! Good, correct Islamic teachings said in a way that anyone and everyone can understand, MashaAllah, you guys are doing a great deed here.

Not looking to join your aunties team lol, since I'm an uncle (lol, more so a kid). Regardless, I always refers my sisters and some friends to this website!

Keep up your amazing work.

Little Auntie November 12, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

Thank you very much for your kind words, Hanna and the last anonymous.

I'm just glad that it helps, somehow.

Grey Abaya Girl,  November 13, 2011 at 9:11 PM  

I love the goodwill and genuine sincerity on this blog. I enjoy all the colours and fonts in the answers (especially because they don't use any pictures Allah would be displeased with [meaning faces and animals]). (It's much better than reading lines and lines of plain text). I really appreciate all the references to Quran and Hadith. I like how anyone can add to the original answer. It's a wonderful effort and it actually helps people gently instead of giving one-sided lectures.

By the way, I'm not saying this because I want to be an auntie. I'm saying this because I'm a big fan!

Post a Comment

Asalamu aialkum!
Well, what do you think? You know, you're part of the team, as well. Please help a sister out and share your own advice/experiences/etc. One for all and all for one =)
P.S. I reserve the right to remove any disrespectful comment ;)

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP