Wanna Fly . . .

>> Friday, February 3, 2012



Everyday I wake up and go to school, come home and do whatever but I feel like I'm wasting my life. I want to please Allah but I'm just spending my time in such a boring way - I don't enjoy it... I want to make something of life.Yours, WannaFly.

Salaam WannaFly,
It’s really good you want to make something of life and I’m guessing from your sign off name, you want to escape the monotonous, draining atmosphere of daily life. Lots of people feel this way and it is completely normal to be generally bored of life after a while.
I’m happy that you’ve figured out what you need to do already (: , you’ve figured out that you need to strive in the way of Allah – you want to please Him. You know the change you want to make.
 You want your Lord. Alhamdulillah this is so great, Allah always accept His servants:

Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 93 :: Hadith 502 Narrated Abu Huraira: 
The Prophet said, "Allah says: 'I am just as My slave thinks I am, (i.e. I am able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him) and I am with him if He remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I too, remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than they; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.' " 

He, Allah, the Most Loving and Most Kind and and Turner of Hearts wants you to come to Him. It’s inevitable to eventually be bored of life – we’re plunged in this dry desert of a dunya – pleading for our thirst to be quenched; do you want to know what the much needed glass of water, or coke, or orange juice, or milk; whatever your preferred beverage – the much needed drink to quench our thirst of boredom in this life – is remembrance of Allah. Yes, simple but oh so powerful my sister. (:

I want you to make a list of the priorities in your life. It doesn’t have to be in order to begin with, just write down all the things which you find important at this moment in your day to day life and activities then order them – what’s actually  important to you


Write down how you actually SPEND your days. What are you doing with all your precious time? Using it all for the sake of Allah?
“Verily, [by time] man is in loss,Except those who believe and do righteous deeds and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, Patience and Constancy."
You could look in your community for old people's homes, nurseries, schools, charity shops, libraries where you can volunteer. Spending your time in the pursuit of gaining closeness to Allah, inshaAllah!
Join a sister's halaqa at the mosque - or make your own with the girls from school. Even online halaqas! Start a blog or even post a hadith or verse from the Quran on Facebook every few days. Spread Dawah! Pass out some books to friends or even to strangers if you're really brave!! Spend your time well, is what I'm trying to say. (:
Inject bursts of dhikr and worship into your daily timetable. Increase it! Make your life worthwhile; make it fresh with the remembrance of He who created you from clay. He who opens up buds in Spring and lets delicate snowflakes fall in Winter.
On this note, sometimes you feel like you’re on ‘autopilot’. Rushing around, trying to get things done, not quite knowing the purpose of WHY you’re doing this. Why am I spending 8 hours a night studying, why do I want to learn!? Renew your intentions in everything you do – ensure it’s for the sake of Allah!
Also, whilst you may feel you’re on autopilot, you should appreciate that which is around you.
                Allah says, "In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day, there are Signs for people of intelligence: those who remember Allah standing, sitting and lying on their sides." (3:190-191)
So remember Him.

Lastly, don’t worry. It does happen; it’s just really good that you’ve noticed this. Think about your life – and know you can always change it for the better.
Always for the better, inshaAllah.
Through the strives of changing for the better, always remember you’re seriously blessed, and never, ever alone – so smile (:


3 wonderful sprinkely thoughts:

M4D February 3, 2012 at 7:26 PM  

Volunteering is the best advice! If you like working with kids, find a school to volunteer with. Or a soup kitchen or anything! Volunteering will change your life!

Safiyah February 4, 2012 at 3:02 AM  

Thanks for the wonderful post :)

Aziza February 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM  

Awesome advice, may Allah reward you immensely. I sometimes find myself in similar situation. Volunteering is a great idea, it always makes you feel so good. And doing every single thing for the sake of Allah helps to make our lives so much more meaningful.
May Allah bless us all with a life that one continuous effort of worship.

"Through the strives of changing for the better, always remember you’re seriously blessed, and never, ever alone – so smile (:"
LOVE IT! :) <3

Post a Comment

Asalamu aialkum!
Well, what do you think? You know, you're part of the team, as well. Please help a sister out and share your own advice/experiences/etc. One for all and all for one =)
P.S. I reserve the right to remove any disrespectful comment ;)

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP