Those Pesky Pimples

>> Wednesday, January 25, 2012


Asalamu aliaakum, sisters!


We need your help with this question :) How do you deal with those pesky pimples? 
What advice/home remedies can you offer this sister, inshaAllah? :)




Asalamualaykum little aunties,

The advice you give the sisters, they manner in which you talk to them, the care and love you give to each, and how quick you are to answer just blows me away. SubhanAllah, whenever I feel down, I rush to this website and read the posts even if I have read them already. Wallahi, they have never failed to give me an "iman rush". Jazakumullahu Khairan for each and every letter that you type because in a way, every post is beneficial to me. May Allah grant you the highest level and make you the companions of the Prophets and his Sahaabi and the Ummahat-ul-Mu'mineen. I pray for you in each of my Duas.

Well..my question is how can i get rid of pimples? i have sooo many of them. i really need them. soo many scars do not look good. everyone tells me and i get a bad look for them

jazakalllahu khair


You can leave your advice in the comments below or in our new Facebook Page, inshaAllah.



20 wonderful sprinkely thoughts:

Saduf January 25, 2012 at 4:36 AM  

AsSalaamualaikum!
Regarding this post I don't know of any home remedies that actually work.However I do know of 2 things that work fantastically. My sister, cousin, as well as a friend of mine have acne or get a lot of pimples and they use this cleanser called Spectro-Gel. MashaAllah it works really good they don't break out any more. I live in Toronto and here they are available in drug stores. Not very pricey either. First 3 weeks it needs to be used morning and night, then as you go on you can decide for yourself if you still need that much.
Here's a link:http://www.spectroskincare.com/skin_cleansers_product.aspx
I do not recommend this for people who don't have acne because it's not meant for others.
The second product a recommend is Clindoxyl gel, this is something even I use and many other family and friends use too. It works amazingly for removing those random "time of the month pimples." It's also very good for getting rid of previous blemishes. This needs to be applied at night before you go to sleep, and you don't need to put it all over your face just wherever you think your face needs it. My face is pretty sensitive and my moms is even more sensitive but its worked really good alhumdulillah. :)
Here's a link to the reviews on it:http://chealth.canoe.ca/drug_info_details.asp?brand_name_id=3497&rot=4
Now this one may be a bit pricey for some (although I get it under my aunts work insurance haha). I don't know how you can get this anywhere else but I know here in Toronto, you need to ask your doctor to write up a prescription for this then get it at a pharmacy.
Oh and one more thing if these don't work for you and you have menstrual problems. You may have a hormone dis balance so you should visit a doctor. You might have to take a blood test and then I know a few people who were put on birth control(cause it helps sort that out) and then it worked out. Although I'm very deeply against birth control pills because they have a lot of side effects and can cause problems in the future when you want to have a kid/or you do.So I recommend going to some one who deals with that stuff the natural way.
And yupp that's all I know of, I hope it helps someone out there. Good Luck! :)

Anonymous,  January 25, 2012 at 4:36 AM  

AssalamAlaikum!

One, drink lots of water! At least 5 glasses everyday.

Avoid eating oily food.

Wash your face often.

This'll help, inshaAllah.

=)

Anonymous,  January 25, 2012 at 5:11 AM  

Assalam alykum!
It seems that internal problems can be reasons of pimples. I had many pimples around my mouth. In my case, I have problems with my intestines. People who have problems in stomache are easy to have pimples on their cheek.
Also when i used to drink a lot of can coffees, I had the most pimples.
Going on a hard diet also result in pimples. Please sleep enough and try to reduce stress, and eat breakfast. (From words of doctors on the internet)

Anonymous,  January 25, 2012 at 8:10 AM  

Assalamu Alaykum,
I have oily Tzone and the rest of my face is dry. So I struggled with break out in my T zone for a long time since Teenage year especially in Summer or humidity. I was always scared of Acne face wash but then in college I tried Clean N Clear. It didnt really work that well for me. However, Last summer I did a little research on how to care for my face type. One thing I learned in my research is if you have oily face then stay away from cream cleanser and rather use the clear ones. So I tried changing into a different brands such as Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash redness soothing facial cleanser (it is clear green). I tried to use the Facial scrub but then i felt it was too strong for me. So I just stuck with the cleanser and I would use it like at the beginning every other day and then later reduce it to how much I need. For scrub to exfoliate my face I use very mild scrub such as Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Brightening Daily Scrub. I try to use the scrub once a week or max twice a week but then it really depends on your face type.

One thing I also learned in my research about how to care for my face type was when you use cleanser or Scrub try using a toner to balance your PH. Most toners have Alcohol in it so I wanted an Alcohol free one and since I could not find it I tried making one at home and I actually love it Plus I got to use fresh Aloe Vera tree which was a bonus because Aloe Vera is so good for acne and skin and hair and many more. If anyone is interested I can write down how I made my toner inshAllah let me know. After you use the toner make sure you moisturize your face otherwise it will start producing oil which will lead to break out. I use really mild face moisturize ( Aveeno Active Naturals Utra-Calming Daily Mositurizer)

Lastly but not Least:
I think this is actually the most important part.I made the intention that I would to take care of my face in the best manner that it should be taken care of since it is a blessing from Allah(s.w.t). I also made dua that Allah(s.w.t) guides me to how to best take care of my face. After I would do my routine to taking care of my face, I will come out of the bathroom and I would make dua and read surah Fatiha and blow on my hands and then wipe my face and ask for cure to my break outs and blemishes . At the same I also tried eating healthy, drinking lots of water . Alhamdulliah, my face has clearned out now.
I dont use the products I mentioned that often now but Alhamduillah my face is still clear. I use it on need base like if I find my face needing them.

Other advices that I myself am working on:
Try exercising it is really good
Also try at least building the habit of reading Quran daily and constantly---not only will Quran bring light to your heart but a glow to your face---of course you intention to read the Quran should be done to be close to Allah(s.w.t)otherwise it would become very difficult to be constant with it.

Every face is different, so research what works best for you face but at the same time make lots of Dua. Make sure you make intention even for trying to find cure for you acne that way you will get the reward for inshAllah.
May Allah(s.w.t) assit you sister and assist All of us inshAllah. Ameen

Anonymous,  January 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM  

Assalamu Alaykum!
I have tried a lot of products on my face, and unfortunately, even though they all work for a period of time, I get immune to them and the pimples start to come back. So sister, whatever cream or product you use. Use it carefully and use it for a short period of time to get the best effect.
What I would recommend is to try natural products, the ones that least damages your skin (even though it takes longer to see results). I really don't like chemicals, and they are in every single products these days.. so I would recommend you "tea-tree oil" for spot treatment. This is really good as it is antibacterial and soothing for red pimples (Here you can read about the use of tea tree oil: http://altmedicine.about.com/od/teatreeoil/a/teatreeoilacne.htm)

Also general cleaning every night and morning, also with natural products, or as natural as you can find.. Skinproblems and the solution to them differs from person to person, so try what works for you:)

Allah knows best

Anonymous,  January 26, 2012 at 2:45 AM  

Assalaamu alaykum

What I read recently was that pimples, acne occur due to the toxins in our stomach. The toxins want to leave our body, so do so in the form of pimples. The article advises to basically detox. A great way to detox is by introducing Apple Cider Vinegar to your diet (preferably organic). Add two tablespoons to warm water with honey, some do this 3 times a day! You could start off once a day to get used to the taste. It doesn't have a nice aroma, but it's natural and so good for you. You also apply it straight onto your spots. The bad aroma evaporates after a while. Leave it on for at least 30 mins, then wash off with warm water. Try it for a few weeks and see the results.

Another good thing for spots is a turmeric, yoghurt and honey mask. Leave it on for 30 mins then wash off with warm water.

These are both natural pimple busters and stuff you usually have in the kitchen.

I hope you can find a cure for this, I know from experience how uncomfortable it can be. Also don't forget to ask Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala for His Aid.

Anonymous,  January 26, 2012 at 2:53 AM  

Assalaamu alaykum sister

I use sanitiser gel, because it is antibacterial and kills the bacteria causing the spot. If you don't want to use sanitiser (they contain medical alcohol, I don't know how strict you are as to that) another useful thing is calamine lotion. It contains antiseptic, it helps soothe the spot and the chalky consistency helps dry the spot out. I usually put on both before going to sleep. They are both very cheap products, but I'd recommend them more for the occasional spot, not for use over large areas! Hope I helped :))

Anonymous,  January 26, 2012 at 3:37 AM  

Salaam..
This are my experiences...
1) NEVER try to 'operate' on it
2) Leave it alone, DO NOT touch it
3) I am using this product called sebamed. It really works Alhamdulillah
ps. Remember that all these creams are not the one that cures your face, but instead, it is Allah Almighty curing it through the cream. The cream would not be functional if allah Almighty did not want you to be cured. So...
Remember To Make Dua for Allah Almighty to cure your face and your intentions of curing your face must be for only Allah's sake, like explained in the comments above.

Angela Freeman January 26, 2012 at 5:01 AM  

Drink Red Clover tea 3x daily or use Red Clover Extract. This cleanses the blood and eliminates pimples. You'll see a difference within a month or so and the longer you use it the clearer your skin will be.

Anonymous,  January 26, 2012 at 8:41 AM  

This is a great topic or what?! I love the first Anonymous's comment...I am going to try out the surah fathiha step insha Allah.
And I think it's true that it is better to opt for a clear cleanser rather than a creamy one. After reading it, I realised that the clear ones usually work for me too.
I have been using a turmeric cream called vicco...and it didn't make a dramatic difference, but it's working.

Anonymous,  January 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM  

Btw Anon, can you please explain how you made the toner? Don't have aloe vera here, would rosewater do?

lllllllll January 27, 2012 at 4:25 AM  

These pimples and acne are also my problem. They already said it, ENOUGH WATER and SLEEP would really help. another thing, pimples are also caused by oiliness. SO, it would also be better if you use oil paper/oil film to wipe your face. BUT, praying five times a day is really the best thing to do. given that you do the ablution 5times aday.

Dark Circles,  January 27, 2012 at 7:03 AM  

Assalamu Alaykum Everyone, I hope all of you are in the best of Health and Iman. Lately I am having hard time getin rid of dark circles. I been having it for more than a month even though I tried sleeping more. Does anyone have any advice in addition to the acne advice. JazakumAllahu khair

Saduf January 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM  

Referring to the Ms. Dark Circles, the only solution to your problem is sleep and hydration hun.To get rid of the darker shade you need to drink lots of water to re hydrate your skin and having a set sleeping schedule that's not pushing you too much.
As for poofiness that tends to come with dark circles try cold cucumber slices on the eyes(preferably from the freezer). You can also use frozen spoons. This tip I got from YouTube but it actually works, get two metal spoons that will cover yours eyes(whilst touching them) and put them in the freezer for 15-20 mins then apply on your eyes till the coldness goes. You should them notice a reasonable difference.
Oh also, regularly putting potato slices on your eyes helps as well(just like you would put cucumber slices. They're a natural skin lightener.
Anyways I hope this helps! :)

Dark Circles,  January 27, 2012 at 2:21 PM  

JazakumAllahu khair traveling Muslimah for the advice. I really appreciate it.

Anonymous,  January 28, 2012 at 3:41 AM  

Maybe give proactive a try? And drink spearmint tea. Though it depends on wat time of ace u have if it's bacterial then cleaning ur face and protecting it if they r hormonal then talk to ur doctor and drink spearmint tea :)

Anonymous,  January 31, 2012 at 5:58 AM  

I want to add a question: Is it okay if you mix different brands of toner and moisturiser?
JazakumAllah!

Anonymous,  February 1, 2012 at 7:18 PM  

-Moisturize whenever you are done washing your face so your skin does not produce its own oils to moisturize your face which can also cause acne.
-Before going to bed moisturize your skin with extra virgin olive oil.(this is a natural oil so it will NOT clog your pores)
-Do not overdue products you are using on your skin because that can also cause more acne.
-Work out and hydrate more often, this might actually help rejuvenate your skin.

Natural Toner,  February 7, 2012 at 5:18 AM  

Assalamu Alaykum everyone,
I hope all of you are in the best of Health and Iman inshAllah.
For the sister who asked about how I make my toner Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ypPl7uPtc
Note: I left out the HOney, and the Apple cider vinegar when I made it previously because I used another video to make it and that video did not use HOney. But inshAllah, Next time When I make it I am planning to add the HOney and most likely I would leave out the Apple cider because you have to make sure it is 100% organic. Aole Vera is optional so if you dont have it you can still make the toner according to the videos I watch on making natural toners.
Here is another video on Natural toner using natural oils:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnF0mZj91k8&feature=related.

I hope this helps inshAllah.

Ps, you can look through DIY videos on natural toners and choose which one suits you best. I would advice to stay away from rice water if you have oily face and rice vinegar(contain alcohol).

Natural Toner,  February 7, 2012 at 5:26 AM  

Forget to say,
I apologize for taking this long to reply to the sister who requested for how I make my Natural Toner .

Ps, If you end up using plastic bottle to make your toner make sure you let the Green tea Cool before adding tot he rest of the mixture because adding hot stuff to plastic will cause the chemicals in the Plastic to come out which is def. not good for your face.

Post a Comment

Asalamu aialkum!
Well, what do you think? You know, you're part of the team, as well. Please help a sister out and share your own advice/experiences/etc. One for all and all for one =)
P.S. I reserve the right to remove any disrespectful comment ;)

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP