RE: Niqabi 101.

>> Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Alaikum sisters,

MashAllah, you are niqabis. First of all I want to say that before I used to outright refuse the idea of ever wearing niqab, but recently, as I think about it, I see how wonderful it actually is. I can imagine it being even more comfortable than wearing a hijab, and even more simple, and yes even more liberating. So I am a hijabi and, inshAllah, I would love to wear niqab. And this is where the question comes in:
how do you ladies as niqabis deal with getting an I.D. basically anything that requires an identification, like for the airport especially?
I know it can be done. I just want to know what is the smartest way to deal with these issues. I need some sisterly advice from experienced folks. This way, I will InshAllah do the right thing in these situations, and I don't freak out. And in this way, I can stop all of those "fears" I might have. But I know most of it has to do with me overthinking and having irrational fears. So inshAllah, knowledge will certainly help alleviate in some ways. And, inshAllah, becoming sincere in my intention is definately key in succeeding as with all things ibaadah-related. That's another thing, I need to keep in mind.

thanks a bunch
-niqab 101

wa'alykum as aslam wa rahmutllah wa barkatoo,
Dearest Niqabi 101,
Ma'shaAllah on thinking of joining the club :P Hehe :) Y'know, we hated the niqab ourselves never thought we'd wear it- but SubhanAllah, Allah is the One who has our hearts, isn't He? :) And now it's pretty much a part of us. You probably already did, but just in case you haven't, you can always go through the niqab label we have and see some general advice and all :D
As for your specific question, the honest truth is, when we have to 'show ourselves' like in the airport...we just show ourselves. I'm thinking that's probably not the answer you want to hear. But it is that simple. Alhamdilllah, we're almost always traveling from a Gulf country to Egypt and back- so they're usually quiet understanding (well at least on the Gulf side ;P). I mean, they even have like a private room with a woman officer. On the Egyptian side, it's just a man and you just have to lift the niqab up- real fast- let him take a look- and then you put it back down. That's all. They don't bite :)
If you want more information though for how it is in non-Muslim countries,  we can put this up on the blog and have the other sisters answer you, inshaAllah with their experiences :) Tomorrow? Or later tonight, inshaAllah> :) 
Lots of love,

Wa'alaikumus salam/Salam alaikum,

Not at all. I am not disappointed with the reply. Yes, it would be great to have a discussion on the website especially talking about for non-muslim countries. Also how college student niqaabis do it?

Yep, I checked out the database quesitons on niqaab, although can I still see both of your story of niqaab?


btw, this is the swiftest reply I could have ever expected! Ma'shAllah to you All. Much khair to all three of you. I pray that we can all have even more ikhlaas, and continually be improving in deen.

Salams and love

So yeah..we're turning this over to YOU :)

Show some love and share your stories/ experiences/ advice.

*Sisterly advice* *Best moments while wearing niqab* *Tell us* :D


8 wonderful sprinkely thoughts:

Aisha June 7, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

One of my best moments in niqab? When a little boy looked and me and said (in Spanish) "Hola bonita"-- "Hello beautiful" :)

Anisa umm imran June 7, 2011 at 2:35 PM  

salam wa alikum sisters


well i`m nearly a year now wearing niqab and i love it ... i did wear it when i first reverted but took it off after 6 months as i didnt do it for the right reasons ... anyway ... i think we can make it hard for our selves or make it easy for our selves ... depending on how you view the niqab ....meaning weither it`s fard or not if you dont believe it`s fard and want to wear it to please allah to her yourself to be a better muslim then it`s easy when going to such place and they need to see your face then just lift it up ... even in non muslim countries they have places were you can go to the side and lift up your niqab.... now if you believe that it is fard then you can make things a little hard for yourselve and insist that they have a female person their and that you must be shielded form other seeing you ... now some places can cause you problems in doing this ..... but as i said you can make it easy for yourself or hard ... i myself dont believe it`s fard and have no problem lifting up to show a man but i would ask for a woman first and if their wasnt any their then i would lift it up to a man


insha`allah she the best thing to do is do it solely for the sake of allah and leave it in his hands and he will look after you sis

Minji,  June 8, 2011 at 8:14 AM  

I am just admirer of niqab, but my best friend is wearign it:)
Minji

Huda_xox,  June 11, 2011 at 10:40 AM  

asalamu alaikum 2 all my dear sisters!

dude, i soooo wanna wear niqab, im ready 4 it. but cuz im 14 at a british high school, i cant do it yet cuz my school is goin 2 throw a tantrum (badly!) so im goin 2 do it when im 16 at college inshallah. its sooo graceful mashallah. i admire all the niqabi sisters. may allah guide us all.. <3 ameen inshallah.

LOL
(Lots Of Love)

Sabirah June 12, 2011 at 12:47 AM  

I've never worn niqaab and went from thinking about it when I first started hijab...thinking against it...and now I'm back to thinking about it. Allahualim what will happen, but as of now I do not have a set resolution on starting, but I do have to say that the idea (especially now that I am in a Muslim country) seems so compelling. It is such a beautiful thing and I have so much respect for all the women that wear it with such dignity and courage. May Allah (swt) reward all of you.

Anonymous,  June 12, 2011 at 2:52 AM  

I'm in the same boat. Niqab is so incredibly beautiful mashaAllah, like sister Sabirah said, a woman in niqab exudes a special type of dignity and courage. I'm also working out the situations in my mind, how will this work or that (I live in America). I do know that at least in the hanafi madhab, it wouldn't be sinful for a woman to remove her niqab when necessary (driver's license, airport, police dealings etc). And I'm inclined to say that's how it is across the board. The face isn't considered "satr" so it is not the same as showing your hair or body (like we wouldn't easily show our hair to strange men if government institutions asked for it). Hope this helps!

Anonymous,  June 14, 2011 at 6:40 PM  

I have one piece of advice, girl, Just Do It! ;)
I can tell you from experience that my niqaab grounds me. In a world full of fitnah, my niqab reminds me to think of my next words more carefully when speaking to the opposite sex, to pray my Salah, to be kind, honest, and just basically a good Muslimah. It is my measure of my actions at times. For instance, if I'd like to retaliate, to that racist skinhead who just swore at me, with something harsh, it serves as a reminder of who I am and who I strive to be.
It's a constant reminder and blessing.

Hope this helps. I pray to Allah to beautify our inner beings with grace and humilty, light and guidance, Hayaa' and Eemaan and to beautify our outer core with the same. May the Most Merciful make us all steadfast upon Deen.

Post a Comment

Asalamu aialkum!
Well, what do you think? You know, you're part of the team, as well. Please help a sister out and share your own advice/experiences/etc. One for all and all for one =)
P.S. I reserve the right to remove any disrespectful comment ;)

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP