Dear Reader

>> Thursday, July 1, 2010

Asaalmu aliakuam wa rahmat Allah wa barkatoo,

October 7, 2007.

My little niece was born.

And suddenly I had become someone else.
I had transformed into an.....

 

Yes, I had become one of the ‘grown-ups’. It happened to be the very same year I said good bye to my teenage years and became a (horror, oh, horror) ’20 year-old’.

A little later (alright when I turned 21), and much to my horror (this is starting to sound like a really bad ‘horror movie’ with really bad ‘horror music’…Okay, I promise not to use that word one more time, :P), my 13 year old cousin called me auntie.

Yeah, like I let her call me that again.

But the truth is, I realized something. I was ‘an auntie’.

And maybe,
Just maybe,
I could help someone out.

I still remember how I felt as a teenager. I know how sometimes it feels like there’s no one to talk to, no one who understands…

Being a teen isn’t easy…let, alone being a Muslim teen!

It can be really hard,
Especially when you’re all alone.

That’s why I am here. I’m your almost 23 year old auntie. I’m here to offer a bit of advice and maybe crack a few jokes (to be honest, they make my sides split but no one else seems to ever find me that funny--- I think most people would actually describe them as ‘lame’). But most of all, I am here to let you know that someone out there, cares about YOU.

You are the F.U.T.U.R.E,
And I believe
In
You.




10 wonderful sprinkely thoughts:

oldie goldie July 1, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

mashaAllah, excellent advice! and i'm happy to see you blogging again!

Little Auntie July 3, 2010 at 12:26 AM  

Jazaki Allah, oldie goldie. You make blogging worthwhile since you always read it *hugssssss*.

Zahfa Aisha Hussain March 16, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

LOL!

I wanted to see what your first post was about, and I come here and land myself in a *cough* horror *cough*....err...

I mean, I come here and see......*takes a look at the "horror"s again and erupts in giggles*

Sorry...ahem..., I'm calm now. There there! My sympathies to all the...uh..., horrifying things that happened! :P

But if it weren't for them, you wouldn't have started this blog, which masha Allah, is the bestest thing I've come across in the blogsphere! :D

Little Auntie March 17, 2011 at 1:31 AM  

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:)) Oh the horror :P

Jazakillah though on calling it one of the bestest :) :D :D That means a lot to me!

Anonymous,  March 29, 2011 at 2:55 AM  

Assalam o aLaikum

Wow I loveeeeee your blogs!!
and your blog is one of the bestest (actually dre are only 2or 3 bestest:P)
And you are not lame, you are funny, you make me smile:)
The reason I love your blogs is the way you write them Mashallah just like an elder sister from which we can ask anything( I dnt hav an elder sis coz m d eldest:P)
MASHALLAH MABROOK its gr8 to know that your blogs are now doubled in the tppings of love,u hv a twin sister!!!!=))

May Allah Subhanua Taala bless you and your family and guide you and all musilms to Jannat ul Firdous Inshallah. You are doing a great job!
Take care <3
Hadi

Lost,  February 17, 2012 at 1:01 PM  

i absolutely love this blog. it's so friendly, interesting and cosy! u feel right at home. i'm kinda new here, so, can u please tell me where i can post my questions/problems?

Little Auntie February 18, 2012 at 7:00 AM  

Dearest LOsT!
Welcome to the sisterhood =) All for one and one for all :)
The thing is, a few months back,we were overwhelmed with way too many questions and emails, so we came up with the rule that we would take 6 questions per month.Once we get the 'maximum' number of questions, I take off the contact page ;)

BUT, if you're really in need of help, you can try sending an email to dearlitteauntie@gmail.com

Don't forget to check out our database of questions, though :)

Unknown July 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM  

As-Salamu Alaikum Auntie (yeah, me calling you that was probs a bit annoying but ....oh well)

Just wanted to say I find ur blog really inspiring and funny (well....sometimes) and -Keep up the Great Work!

Wa-Alaikum Salam

Anonymous,  July 29, 2012 at 7:35 AM  

I am new here. And I want to ask something!
How do I ask any question? please someone help me!

Little Auntie July 29, 2012 at 8:12 AM  

Anonymous :) Welcome to our site :D
You can just use the contact page :) It's located up, right under the title. Type up your question, write your email and "pretend name" and press submit...
viola, we receive it :) inshaAllah.

Post a Comment

Asalamu aialkum!
Well, what do you think? You know, you're part of the team, as well. Please help a sister out and share your own advice/experiences/etc. One for all and all for one =)
P.S. I reserve the right to remove any disrespectful comment ;)

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP