Introducing....You :) (and some other aunties)

>> Wednesday, March 16, 2011


Asalamu aliakuam! 

Results of the poll are in...7 wanted a forum and 6 wanted us to just introduce ourselves. I figure we'd just go with the introducing ourselves ....

So....Tell us! Where ya at? How old are you?  What is something that totally scares you? What is something that you absolutely love? What are you working on right now? Don't be shy! You might just find your best friend here...(hehe)..and there's nothing quite like sisterhood!



You can even take this quizzy! (The Water Color Test) You just click on the image that appeals to you most and viola...the results of your personality are in :) This is what I got...(It will make you feel awesome about yourself :P)


You're as real as they come... and quite modest too.
You are very self-assured, and you have a healthy amount of self-esteem.
You feel confident that you can take on the world.
You are have a great sense of humor, especially when it comes to laughing at yourself.


------

It is also time to time to award some people...

I love all the sister's comments here...but there are some sisters here that go the extra mile.You can tell from their comments that they seriously put themselves in the place of their sister- and they definitely take a LOT of time to write their comments. I think it's time we recognize these sisters....who are little aunties in themselves...

So give it up to:

ummkhaleelmujahidahXahu, and The One Who Needs Reminders...




Jazakun Allah koli khair,


Let's see who gets it next...:) 

(Special thanks to: Mabsoota from Easel and Ink for making this award!) 

16 wonderful sprinkely thoughts:

Zahfa Aisha Hussain March 16, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

Eeeeeeeeeee!! I got awarded!! This is so thrilling!! *fans self*

Jazakiallah Khair Aunties!! You guys are simply wonderful and I love you! :D

Lol, I've been babbling a lot here, haven't I? Your advices helps me see myself or things in a different way and since I'm a bit of a babbler, I get carried away in my comments! :P

But if any of my ultra-long comments have insha Allah helped anyone, then I'm glad! :)

So now do I have to do the introduction thingy?

Ok, lets see, I'm Zahu, 25, from Maldives, currently living in Sri Lanka and training to be a kindergarten and primary school teacher.

(which I now doubt coz the other day I had to learn to draw the computer motherboard and honestly, whoever heard of teachers doing that?? I might have totally flunked coz everything looked the same to me!)

Icky creepy crawlies totally scares me. Especially cockroaches when they fly at my face. And the Jinn! Sigh, Jinn stories are rampant in Maldives, so I grew up with a healthy phobia about them! :P And lastly, Death! Death terrifies me because then you lose all chances of redemption! *shudders*

What do I love? Aside from my glow-in-the-dark-bright-cuddly-happy-it's-my-everything love for Islam, I'm a major sucker for Nestle Swiss Chocolates! And the beach on chilly overcast days, inhaling the fresh salty air and watching the turbulent waves swell and crash!

(ok, did that last one make me sound creepy?)

Oh dear, I've gone and babbled again, haven't I? Ok, so I'm gonna shut up and leave now. Again, hugs and smooches to you guys for this very sweet post!

*rushes off to admire my new award*

Shireen Baig March 16, 2011 at 10:23 PM  

Thank YOU SO MUCH! :P feels good to get an award.!!! okay, so am i supposed to answer the questions xahu answered too? I presume so.

I am a 20 year old, currently living in UAE but otiginally from India <3 I work.. I've completed my studies.. *gosh, i am really bad with the intro's*

One thing that I absolutely Love is the beach. oh I even love spending time with my friends when I am in India. and lastly I love watching my mum and dad :P they're quite an amusement.

Scared of? Cats, twinkling jewellery, dark, any noise in the dark..

What am i working on? haha, thats a long list. I am working on myself actually and thats one BIG work if you ask. I am working on learning arabic, reading more, trying to write more chapters for my book, contemplate and learn more from my mistakes, being thankful, eating healthy.. oh like a said? LONG list

Once again, thanks for the award :D I really hope atleast 1 person benefitted from my comment

Little Auntie March 16, 2011 at 11:16 PM  

*I will reply to this in detail, inshaAllah, but y'all deserved the awards AND I want EVERYONE to answer the questions, hehe...I want to get to know our readers...and I want our readers to get to know each other :)

Anonymous,  March 17, 2011 at 2:42 AM  

- Ummkhaleelmujahidah
HAHA MASHA ALLAH AUNTIES :) I get an award for my ramblings? That's new :P Most of time I'm told to keep quiet :P Nonetheless, just like what sisters theonewhoneedsreminders (do you have a nickname or something I can call you hehe) Zahu said, hopefully someone benefits from the comments. Al-hamdulillah,I have in fact gained a lot from other sisters' comments :) May Allah reward all of you sisters for putting in time and effort to help another sister :)

Nyeh, I'm really awful at introducing myself~ Maybe for a start, Umm Khaleel is not my actual name OR that I have a son by the name of Khaleel teehehee.. It's a kunyah that I use to reflect my goal which is to be a 'Khalilullah' (or intimate friend of Allah) just like how Prophet Ibrahim (a.s.) is a Khalil of Allah.. Insha Allah, still a long way to go :/ Sisters, you can just call me Asha :) I'm 23 this year, in my last semester (insha Allah!) of University and currently living in Australia but originally from Singapore :)

I'm scared of spiders! Totally totally dislike those hairy ones especially ergh!

I absolutely LOVE FOOD and COOKING :) If I hadn't gone to Uni, would have probably pursued a degree in Culinary Arts. If I have enough cash, would love travel the world and sample all the different cuisines! I enjoy the arts; languages and cultures intrigue me.

Hmmm.. I'm working on memorizing (and more importantly understanding & implementing) Qur'an at the moment. I started part-time Hifdh two Summers ago but each time I'm back in Australia, I'm all on my own :( Anyway, I predicted that I'll finish in 12-15 years lol :,(

Hehehe I hope sisters introduce themselves here.. Would really love to meet more sisters! <3

Anonymous,  March 17, 2011 at 2:43 AM  

hmm, there was an error publishing using my comment.. :/

Little Auntie,  March 17, 2011 at 5:31 AM  

Ooo, I loved reading more about you guys :)

You know, Xahu, you're my first person that I know from the Maldives..You've got to share some pictures of that place. It's lyk the dream honey moon place...(minus the jinns- never heard of them being there, haha). But don't worry, sis! Just read ayatul Kursi, inshaAllah :D

As for having to draw the motherboard of a computer- that is bizarre! I so would not have thought a kindergarten teacher would have to do that...

I'm a sucker for all chocolate..haha..particulary dairy milk (cadbury)...Galaxy (ever heard of that?) So Yumm....

Shiru (the one who needs reminders)-- may Allah make you successful in all that you're trying to do! Ameen! I was wondering what was happening with your book :)

Aisha, I suspected you chose the name UmmKhalil for that reason. Btw, it's made me like that name a LOT, hehe.....(I also like the new name of your blog- fastabiqul Khayrat :D Ma'sahAllah).

I like food, too, but I just don't have a flair at cooking...I wish I did...hehe...you'll have to cook for me ;)

may Allah make you successful in your hifdh! Ameen! :)

Okay, other sisters..join in...:)

Anonymous,  March 18, 2011 at 7:44 AM  

Little Aunties, I think sisters are too shy to introduce themselves heh :)

Fida Islaih March 18, 2011 at 5:54 PM  

Salaam sisters! Fida here =) I'm 17 years old and am a poet... I even have a couple guest posts on this very website. Besides poetry, I really love the color purple and chocolate!

Actually I'm working on a novel right now. I glad to have read about you sisters. I hope you come over and check out my blog insha'allah!

x Fida x

M4D March 18, 2011 at 6:56 PM  

Assalaamu'Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh!

I'm going to try and answer all the questions insha'Allah AND some! ;)

I'm in Toronto! I am 19 years old but I look 14...maybe even 12 on a good day! Something that scares me...more like someone, Mr. Bean. Why doesn't he ever talk?! I don't know why my parents ever rented and made us watch his movies...he terrified me! Right now I absolutely love blueberry bagels with cream cheese...mmmm! What are am I working on right now..umm I should be studying for my psychology midterm coming up, which is what I will do as soon as I get off this great website! Oh and I'm in university majoring in English and maybe Environmental Geography/Studies or Religion OR French OR Middle Eastern Studies...WHO KNOWS! ha-ha I really can't decided on anything but English so far, insha'Allah I'll figure something out.

I love traveling! When I was 16 I went backpacking/volunteer across rural Kenya. Loved it! And when I graduated high school I took a year off and my mom and I went around the Arabian peninsula..Yemen, Dubai, Abu dhabi. Crazy difference...I loved Yemen the most! I feel in love with Islam in Yemen. Being born Muslim but not really BEING Muslim...let's just say people in Yemen helped me understand what it is to be a true Muslimah. Now my mom and I both wear hijab and abaya Alhumduliah! I still really want to learn Arabic though...I have some funny stories about my...lets call them attempts to buy some goods, with my limited language, in the market place in Sanaa and Dubai. My ultimate goal is to become a Teacher and teach in India or Ecuador and maybe Saudi Arabia! (Do you guys have a room for me??) OH and I am a camp counsellor at an all girls camp up North and a swimming/lifesaving instructor! Insha'Allah I'll be going for my life guarding exam soon...read du'aa that I pass! Insha'Allah I'll be teaching swimming women classes in Toronto soon...holllla!

Much love,
M4D

Little Auntie March 19, 2011 at 3:53 AM  

asha, I was just going to give up, myself, but lookie :) Two more people introduced themselves :D

Ma'shaallah, Fida, that's awesome that you're working on a novel :D You'll definitely have to send me a copy of it, inshaallah :) (I'll pay you for it :D)

M4D! Finally! got to know more about you :D I loved your little intro :)Wow, that sounds awesome that you went with your mom touring the Arabian peninsula and Kenya :) I think it would be a great idea for you to go to KSA and teach English....definitely, KSA is considered the area for TEFL teachers! The best thing for you to do though is get like a CELTA degree or TEFL course, as well, because most places (that actually pay reasonably well) require that :)

Teaching swimming classes sounds fuuuuuuuuun! I'm so impressed that you're a camp counsellor, ma'shaallah. Hey, you gotta share some camp stories :)

Anonymous,  March 19, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah! :D

Heyyy there!

Let's see? What shall I write about myself?

1.I'm a nineteen year old living in Michigan
2.I absolutely LOVE chocolate and ice! I crunch on it all day! :D
3.Spiders scare the living daylights out of me.
4. I'm going into English, Psych. and Communications, Insha'allah.
5. I should be studying for Bio. right now! :P

How about you girls? I'd love to know more about you!

Little Auntie March 21, 2011 at 2:33 AM  

wa'alykum as salam wa rahmatullah wa barkatoo!
Appleblossom, you have such a cuteeeee name! ma'sahAllah :) Do you love chocolate and ice together? Hehe!

Good luck on your bio! :)


Hey, y'all wanna know something weird? We've got this phobia...(keep in mind that phobias are irrational fears) of the telephone. I really hate calling people. I actually feel my pulse getting faster when I have to 'call someone' (other than family). Weird, eh? :P

Shireen Baig March 21, 2011 at 4:57 AM  

Not so weird for people who already know this phobia :P y'know what im sayin? ;)

Anonymous,  March 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

Asalaamu Alaykun aunties and everyone else.
I'm Anonymous. I have phobias, one of which is giving out my name. The other is the phone -.-
No joke. Calling people is one of the most difficult things in the world. It's a struggle. I'v hung up on people numerous times. Knowing there's this little thing called caller ID and they can call back :(.
I love sweet things. candy, chocolate, gum (it's really hard to chew gum with retainers. don't try it)
I hate animals. Cats, Dogs, turtles, squirrels, and everything else.
I live in Canada. I lalalalallooovvveeee snow. <3 <3 <3 <3. But it's annoying and i'm really happy it's going away now. But it could come back, so i wouldn't be surprised if it started snowing again.
I love traveling. I have a really long list of places i want to travel to before i die.
I suck at languages.
I want to become an archer and a horse-back rider (InSha Allah). I want to learn to fly a plane (InSha Allah). I want to build at least 2 mosques in my life time (InSha Allah). AND i want to become a student of knowledge (InSha Allah).
.... I talk a lot.
Sorry.
:)

Little Auntie March 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

^wa'alykum as salam!
Hey, anon :) you're more than welcome to talk here :D You realize you don't actually know my name, either, right? Hehe :P but actually, I don't have a phobia of that.BUt I hear you about the telephone. I'm EXACTLY the same. REALLY!

And about the sweets....we're like triplets or something :P

I'm terrified of cats :P

Wowww at archer! and wanting to learn how to fly a plane :) inshaAllah :D

May Allah make you successful in building those 2 mosques and becoming a student of knowledge. This was fun to read :) I like you :D

Shiru...Hmmm, okay, I'm scared of growing really really old and forgetting everything. And my kids (assuming i get married, insahAllah and am able to have kids :P) hating me. Does that satisfy you? :)

M4D March 23, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

OKAY SO I CHANGE MY MIND ON ONE THING!

I had a blueberry bagel with STRAWBERRY cream cheese and it was MIND-BLOWING (good thing)! That is now what I absolutely love. Please try it. If your in Canada, go to Tim Hortons! Or just by the two elements and EAT. (of course start with Bismillah) THEN DIG IN!

:)

Post a Comment

Asalamu aialkum!
Well, what do you think? You know, you're part of the team, as well. Please help a sister out and share your own advice/experiences/etc. One for all and all for one =)
P.S. I reserve the right to remove any disrespectful comment ;)

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP