Cover Girl

>> Friday, March 11, 2011

It's Friday again! This time,shares with us her beautiful poem, "Cover Girl". Enjoy.

------




Cover Girl

That girl...
inspired by so many women,
women that cover.

Seeing them, wanting to be...
like them, with them.

That girl
taking the step
to become that covered girl.

Tough times came
being stared at and questions asked,
even being poked at.

But being in a sisterhood
they helped pull through
knowing God is who to please.

Through time
she became stronger,
more confident;

she became free.




Original Post.


8 wonderful sprinkely thoughts:

Anonymous,  March 11, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

Beautiful... :)

Anonymous,  March 12, 2011 at 4:46 AM  

It's very beautiful. Good job, Fidaa.

TheSisterWhoSmiles March 12, 2011 at 5:33 AM  

Love it, Fida (: SubhanAllah I adore you and your written wanderings(: <3 <3

Fida Islaih March 12, 2011 at 7:37 AM  

@Anon: Thanks!

@TheSisWhoSmiles: I adore you too (: <3

Tazeen March 12, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

Wa alaikum assalam! :)

I just came across your lovely blog. I wanted to comment under the topmost blog post but somehow I couldn't see the comment box.

Just wanted to let you know you're doing a great job, Masha'Allah! :)

Little Auntie March 13, 2011 at 5:18 AM  

Tazeen, Jazakillah for telling us about that comment problem. I was playing around with HTML, hehe....but when I saw your comment, I realized I had 'taken off new comments for new posts', so I fixed that. :) And thank you for your kind words about the blog.

Fida, you know I adore this :)

Alyaa Zahari March 25, 2011 at 7:19 PM  

Cover girl:

Magazine's cover girl vs Islam's cover girl

(non-hijabis vs hijabis)

Which one is more preferable to you?
I'd prefer to be famous in Allah's community instead

;)

Post a Comment

Asalamu aialkum!
Well, what do you think? You know, you're part of the team, as well. Please help a sister out and share your own advice/experiences/etc. One for all and all for one =)
P.S. I reserve the right to remove any disrespectful comment ;)

wibiya widget

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP